Saturday, February 11, 2006

It's been a hell of a week, with tests every day for five days straight. There has been one highlight though: during religious and moral eduaction lesson this week, where all the Catholic boys gather to have religious education while the others have moral education, we were graced with a visit from a priest (can't remember his name) from the Capuchin Franciscan Friars. Another once in a lifetime experience, I guess. Anyway I'm not such a holy guy or anything, but he was simply delightful, telling us things like how he was once compared to Obi-wan Kenobi, before taking out a figure clad in frair robes, whom he called "Brother Juniper". He went on to tell us things like what it means to love, that happiness was through the way of Jesus and all. One thing that I found to be really meaningful was how he took a piece of paper, cut something in a shape which he called the "rocket ship to happiness" before opening the paper such that it formed a shape of a cross. Maybe later I'll post a photo of the paper, which I kept. Not going to elaborate any further, and I dunno if I'm making any sense, but if you're interested ask me personally and I'll tell you. Anyway throughout the whole session, Wei Wen was damn rude, making idiotic noises and sarcastic remarks. Was really irritated by him. If you're not interested, shut up instead of disturbing others who are. Trying to be funny when he wasn't, in a chapel, no less. Again, I'm not what you will describe as a religious person but his lack of respect irked me.

I'm happy to say that I'm starting to enjoy Campcraft training again, and with competition just this Saturday, I'd better damn well be.