Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Well, the campcraft competition results were announced a few days ago, and Maris Stella High NPCC got 1st position for prelims! Am I happy? Hell yes! For myself? Somewhat, for I'm more happy for the unit...but it's no time to get complacent. We've to work hard if we want to win the competition, and the way we're going now, let's just say that even though we're in the same boat it isn't moving in the correct direction. We don't even have the proper oars.

My "campcraft hand", as OC affectionately calls the damage caused by pegging and in my case, tying lashings, is not in very good shape now. Sure, the joke was pretty funny, except that my hand now has almost all the skin peeled off, in the area between my thumb and index finger and the pinky side of my hand. Right now the skin feels stretched, and if you look closely, you'll see flakes of skin peeling off. The skin's also starting to become cornified, and it always hurts when I tie a lashing. But I don't mind, all this's worth it if our efforts pay off. And even if the efforts don't pay off, I hope that after our pitch during the finals of the competition, we either win with glory or lose with pride. I hope it doesn't come to the point that we lose and cry because we know we haven't tried our best, or win and have everyone think it was just luck.

Well, anyway one of my cadets "complained" to me and asked me why my blog was so boring. No pictures, he said. So this time, I'm going to acquiesce to this suggestion. Here's a look at one of the few proposed designs of our campcraft team T-shirt. This particular one's done by me.



Simple enough, but I think it'll do the trick. Not aggressively flamboyant, and not cartoonish. The back design could do with a bit of tweaking, though, but I'm no Photoshop pro.