Sunday, June 18, 2006

The first good news of the week is that I've managed to bring the swell on my foot down. It still hurts, but not with the my-foot-is-going-to-burst pain. That can't be bad, but then again it isn't good news after all, since such a stupid incident should never have occured in the first place.

Couple of things I'd like to change in my life right now. First off would be my shitty attitude towards studying. I never study, honestly, and it's going to have to change if I'm going to score well at the end. Hell, I haven't even smelt my holiday homework, I don't even know where it is. Am I going to do it? Maybe, I don't know.

I'm also well aware that my blog design sucks. Not that anyone has said anything, but if I don't like my own design, how would others? Well okay so it isn't that bad, but it's a little to...how to describe it...poser? for my liking. Doesn't reflect myself at all. So yeah, if I manage to drag my lazy ass off do actually do something....

On another note, today is Fathers' Day! Went to church in the morning, headed off for lunch after that. We were supposed to go to some hotel restaurant for a buffet lunch or something, but we hadn't made any reservations and the place was packed. So, my dad originally wanted to go have steamboat buffet over at Marina South, but as you should know, it was closed and we ended up eating just normal hawker food over there. Not that it really mattered, of course, but that isn't what I want to talk about here. Now, even if you've been to Marina South for steamboat before, most of you wouldn't have noticed the new pier all the way at the end as you'd have to take a right turn instead of a left. Anyway, back to the pier itself. It's a new one, a relocation of the closed pier at Collyer Quay. Extremely idyllic, fantastic scenery, as you can attest from the viewing gallery they built on the top floor. Some photos:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A pic of the outside of the pier itself. Pretty cool architecture, if you ask me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Going in just a bit, we have the arrival/ departure/ waiting areas

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pics taken from the 2nd floor

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Viewing gallery on the 3rd floor! Didn't capture all of it though.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Picture taken from a peer over the edge

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

One of the pathways. I realise that I'd forgotten to take pics of all the boats moored in the pier themselves =( Well I guess you'll have to make do.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

If you turn behind, you can see the city skyline!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The ring is the end of the single road leading to this place.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A pic taken from just down the steps a little.



The view's totally great, and coupled with the unceasing strong sea breeze you can feel from the viewing gallery, it's perfect. For what I'll leave it to you to decide =D