Friday, June 23, 2006

I'm posting this because I've got a little free time, and because I'm tired of looking at my own old posts =D.

This is pretty much some random post. I love reading. Many people do, and I'm one of them. I could dawdle on on how reading nourishes the soul, provides an oppotunity to gain knowledge etc., but I wouldn't, because I would be a hypocrite as that is not why I read.

Me? I read for the fun of it. For the story, the plot twist at the end. I read to give myself a respite from this world, an avenue of escape from the stress of life. Sometimes it's wholly inapproprate; I'm known to spend my studying time reading a book, which of course leads to me getting crap grades.

Personally, I don't exactly like reading those so called 'self-help' books. No reason why, I just don't. I like reading novels, though nowadays I'm more into short stories and funny stuff. I've just finished reading 'Teacher Man' by Frank McCourt. Not bad, I must say, but I'm not a critic, so if you're looking for a review, I'm not going to say anything here.

Some of the books I've read recently in no particular chronological order (this is just an excuse to make my post longer haha): The Five People You Meet in Heaven (fantastic) and Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom, Stories We Could Tell by Tony Parsons, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon, The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde (this is a good one, it is, rather bizarre at first but good anyhow), My Fried Leonard by James Frey (also pretty good), and a few others.

Some random pic of my collection in a random post:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Okay there. I've done my duty and Argentina will probably win the World Cup, a befitting random ending to such a random post.