Sunday, July 02, 2006

Ah. Finally got my ass up again to blog.

Came back from a run just a while ago, and it appears my fitness level has sunk to a pathetic low. 2.4km at a fair pace and I'm almost dead. How am I supposed to survive the 10km Mizuno Run?

Last Friday, as I mentioned in my earlier post was a rather big day; Marist Youth Day, Chinese 'O' Level Oral and my POP.

So then, since I'm not really in the mood for any quirky comments, I'll just dissect everything in methodical fashion. First off, Marist Youth Day. Spent at least half the time owning in a Halo 2 tourney organised by one class. Won the first prize, a simple enough affair, which turned out to be some cheap Xbox game which I'm hoping to sell off for a bit of cash. 30 bucks maybe. The rest of the time was spent in class, slacking and sorta preparing for the examination later on as well as buying a bit of food with the coupons I had left. Anyway after the carnival itself came the really juicy part. We all went to the hall, and Ronin came and performed! Absolutely rocked, and I'm now a fan. Heh. Will get my hands on their CD asap.

Chinese Oral totally sucked. Too nervous. Screwed up like some idiot goon, but what's done is done. I was never one fully eloquent at speaking the Chinese language.

And, after 4 years, I've finally had my passing-out-parade. Perhaps the 2 most important years were my term as an NCO, and I've had many regrets. Some of my cadets didn't like me; I knew it, but I also knew I wasn't there to be liked, though that could have been a bonus. But I wouldn't have them all like me so much for the world, as it would mean I'd have been too lenient with them. When a cadet becomes your buddy-buddy friend, then you know something's wrong, because we'll be no different from those lousy units and that'll be the day MSHNPCC falls, which I hope never happens. There must always be NCOs who give you hell to maintain the discipline, and it's a sacrifice, having the cadets hating you, though looking back, I really didn't give enough of hell anyway. Of course I don't like having people hate me. But, it's always for the greater good of the unit. One won't ever understand that unless and until he becomes an NCO himself. Now I'm not making myself out to be some bloody hero or anything, but that's the truth, the simple truth. There are other things I'd like to change, given the chance to go back, but again, what's done has been done.


Regret, regret.