Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Mizuno Wave Run is this Sunday. 10 kilometres of road, the last 5 of which will be hell. The only reason I signed up was because we agreed to go together, and so in a moment of insanity I acquiesced to some suggestion that we should go together. The things we do with our friends.

In preparation for the run, I ran 2.4km on Sunday, 2.4km on Monday, got lazy after that and stopped doing anything. Oh well. Of course, the last 5 kilometres are only a torture if I have to run. I could, of course, take a stroll and admire the not-so-breathtaking-but-still-passable scenery of the streets. Haha. It's all good, except for the fact that I be overtaken by some overzealous senior citizens aged 60 and above, and get condescending and haughty looks from those nutter fitness freaks. On the other hand, however, I'm not too keen on panting like some rabid dog after I've finished the run.

I'll see. I'll probably run some, stop to walk and then carry on jogging. Stop and repeat cycle.