Sunday, July 30, 2006

Went to my church feast day this morning. Met Jared at 8.15am at the church gate and had breakfast. The mee rebus I ate had too much tumeric in it, so there was a powdery taste in the gravy. Anyway, I had $20 worth of coupons to spend, and I didn't have much idea on how I was going to spend it.

Nigel was supposed to meet us at 8.30am, but he came late at 8.45am. Spent the next hour or so walking aroung buying food just to blow off the money and watching people get dunked at the dunking machine. Not much fun, pretty much the same as last year. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it; the fact that we have a pretty successful feast day is good enough.

Went for Mass at 10am alone. Nothing much to report, just that at the near end of the mass, the power went out. It was rather amusing because the objective of this year's feast day was to build a new power substation for my church. The church at the moment is underpowered and the lights and airconditioning at the parish centre can't be used properly if those at the main church are on or else the power goes out. The final minutes of the Mass - one final announcement Father Henry was making and the final blessing were conducted in darkness with the priests having to shout across the whole church and making jokes about it all. The powere came on after the final hymn, when everyone was leaving.

Went back down to the canteen to meet Jared, who was on duty to clean tables. Haha. Nigel had gone off beforehand when I went for Mass. Skipped music lesson today because though I could've made it, there wasn't much point since I hadn't practiced. I also had $8 worth of coupons left, so I went around with Jared to buy stuff. Had a simple luch of tahu goreng, something I don't usually eat.

P.S. There was an article today in the Lifestlyle part of the newspaper regarding bloggers. For the record, I don't blog because I'm narcissistic, but rather because I want an avenue to express myself and chronicle it all down.