Monday, August 28, 2006

One subject down, seven more to go. Oh, and add those science practicals to the list too. T_T

English Language paper today was not so well done. Paper One was a screwup, with me unable to finish my situational writing. Sheesh with only 15 minutes left I really couldn't do much, so all I did was write a couple of paragraphs of rubbish and then sign off. In horrible handwriting, I must add. Hopefully I'll still be able to scrape a pass of, say 17/30? My composition was expository as usual. I have no idea how people can think of stories to write in an exam. Topic was ' "Singapore is selling its soul to obtain the tourist dollar." Do you agree?'. Apparently quite a lot of people chose to write on this topic, and I'd originally hesitated to do this one as well, seeing that it was basically Geography and most people would have the same points as I did. But with time awasting and myself being unwilling to think of stuff to write about "Heroes", I simply carried on. What resulted in the end was some rubbish about the IRs tearing the moral fabric and development of a pseudo-culture, which is probably about the same in terms of content as others' essays.

Whatever, hopefully my use of language and coherence will pull me through. And you know what? I'm going to make a promise. If I score well for my Paper One essay and scrape through with at least 17 marks for the situational writing, I'll type out my entire essay, all four pages long of it. Seeing that my handwriting is rather miniscule, that amounts to about 900+ words? That doesn't seem good, suddenly I'm feeling less confident of my chances.

Paper Two wasn't that hard, and hopefully I'll score really well for this one. Tomorrow's paper is Chinese, which I'm not going to care about. Off to study Geography in a while.


P.S. My blog is not dead. It was simply in a state of temporary hibernation.