Saturday, August 05, 2006

The procedure's done, and the cyst's been removed. The most common question people ask is "What happened to your lip?" if they don't already know or "Does it hurt?" if they do. I've answered the first question already, and as to whether it does hurt, no, it didn't during the operation itself, the only thing I felt was the initial sting of the needle going in to inject the anaesthetic and a tugging sensation when the doctor was cutting the cyst out. It didn't hurt immediately after that since my lip was totally numb.

It did hurt somewhat after the the anaesthetic wore off. Sporadic stabs of pain on my lip. It doesn't really hurt now, just a slight dull ache and the swell, which has gone done some. So other than having my lip looking and feeling like an overripe grapefruit, I'm totally fine.

The cost for the operation, I'm glad to say was less than expected. Total costs came up to only be about $800+, a far cry from the $1200-$1500 price largest estimate given to me by Dr. Roland Sim, my surgeon. He charged only $400, much less than what doctors at other hospitals would've charged. Nice guy, really. The rest of the money went to lab costs for analysis of the cyst and hospital charges. So one chapter of my life closes.

Watching Anger Management as I type this. Hilarious. Hahaha.