Thursday, August 31, 2006

Teachers' Day. The day when teachers become kids all over again from receiving all those presents, and the day when kids become Santa Claus, giving out presents to their teachers.

We 'celebrated' Teachers' Day in school today. I added the two aprostophes because it wasn't really much of a celebration, since there was no real party of anything like that for my form teacher. Sure there was a class card for her, but nothing else. Nobody likes her, you see, so there were no gifts and I suspect not even a "Happy Teachers' Day!" greeting for her. You might think we're heartless or something like that, but you don't know her. Shan't go into details here. Long story. If you ask me personally then I'll tell you.

Anyway, I got gifts for most of my teachers! Scoured the mall for 45 minutes yesterday, because I didn't want to get any of those mass-produced useless crap souvenirs for my teachers. I reckoned that it should be something more thoughtful. Sad to say, I failed fairly miserably. Only managed to get a book for Miss Tan, my English teacher and some Belgian no-sugar-added chocolate for Mr. Teo, my Biology teacher. He really loves chocolate, you see, but he's almost diabetic and has high blood pressure, so I got this no-sugar type for him. Unfortunately it was just regular chocolates for Ms Goh and Ms Chua. I really couldn't find and think of anything special to give to them. Bummer. I also drafted personal messages to all of them.

I was apparently the only one in class who came to school with a bag full of wrapped presents (wrapped myself, obviously). When people laugh at me and ask me why I'm doing this when nobody else does, my answer to them was simple; I wanted to thank the teachers for all they'd done. You can call me an emo kid if you like, I don't care, because I truly believe in thanking those who've guided me.

For the Teachers' Day program, we had some "Mr Cool Marist Competition". Lazy to type anymore, so forgive me for not giving details. Anyway after school went for lunch and bowling with Nigel and Jared before going home at about 5 pm.

Apologies for bringing this post to a rather abrupt end.