Thursday, August 10, 2006

There a a number of types of people I can't stand in this world.

1) People who think they're really good at something but actually suck, and act as if they are serious pros and (attempt to) boss people around, or people who think they're oh-so-sophisticated and are always condescending.

2) Posers

3) People who act like posers but can't pass off as posers for nuts.

You'll notice that the first type had a rather long definition, but I did have to narrow it down to the two annoyingly similar types. The third definitely ranks higher than the second, since people who can't pass themselves off as what they think is cool to them shouldn't even be doing it in the first place. I'll not comment on the second and third types and just concentrate on the first one, since it was the first type of person that inspired this post anyway.

There are people who say that what you dislike in others is what you dislike in yourself in truth or something like that. Clearly, the person who thought of this particularly guffaw-inducing analogy was under the influence of alcohol and/or dope in addition to having a rather big ego. Here's what could have happened: The person in question was really high when he thought to himself, "Wouldn't it be nice for me to come up with some bullshit analogy that makes no sense just so there's something for people in the generations to come to remember me by? (*furrows brows in concentration) Ah I know! (*Writes down gibberish on a piece of paper)"

Back to topic.

Case 1: There's this particular idiot in my school, who absolutely thinks he's a total gem. Really arrogant. He talks like his English is so perfect, complete with some idiotic accent and all, but it really doesn't hold water. I'd know, since the idiot lost to me in Grabble (BIG CLUE HERE). There are a lot more things that happened that make him such an idiot, including some that occured during the game, but I won't mention it here. If you ask me maybe I'd tell you. Oh, did I mention that he thinks he's really cool? Is he? A resounding no.

Case 2: Played soccer this morning. This guy went, and apparently he thinks he's some soccer pro. Is he? Absolutely not. I'm not griping about his skills, I've many friends who can't play fantastically and I don't think the worse of them for it. But this guy thinks he's really good, and likes bossing people around or telling people off if they lose the ball etc. For example, I'd been talking to a friend next to me when this guy asks why the two of us are marking each other. I WAS TALKING TO HIM. You think you're funny? Then why are you standing in the middle of the field doing nothing?

I don't mean to be all negative and all, but honestly, I just simply can't stand this kind of people. Idiots. Do let me know what you think.