Tuesday, October 17, 2006

If you ask me to describe how I'm feeling about Biology practical, it's this.

Livid.

Of course I can say I'm that I'm fucking pissed with the ambiguous instructions and myself, in addition to being absolutely disappointed (an understatement) that I gave away half my marks, but I think livid should suffice.

I didn't finish a quarter of the paper. Absolutely blank. Okay here's the deal; One O level answer booklet, one graph paper. We were supposed to draw some effing outlines of rings of onion on the damned piece of graph paper. I didn't know we weren't going to hand it up. Sure, the fucking instructions said that "at the end of the exam, place the graph paper on the bench", but it didn't say that we weren't going to hand it in at all. I thought that the graph paper would be collected as part of the exam script as well, and I spent about half an hour drawing and labelling everything nicely. Son of a bitch. Why the hell didn't my examiners point out the fact that THE GRAPH PAPER WAS FOR MEASUREMENT PURPOSES ONLY? IT WAS DONE IN THE OTHER LABS. Bullshit double standards.

Left 12 marks worth of questions undone. And when the time was up, I flipped through the question paper and I KNEW HOW TO DO ALL THE DAMNED QUESTIONS. Maybe not get all the marks, but almost all.

What pissed me off even more was that in the AV theatrette during lockup, people around me were bitching about how they'd lost 2-3 marks. Some slightly worse; 5 marks? 8 marks? Sorry but I lost about 15. The last time I checked 15 was a larger number than 8 i.e. 15 > 8 if you don't understand what I mean so get lost, dumbfuck. You like bitching in my face? How about my fist in yours? Naturally, I'm not trying to offend anyone on purpose, but if you read this and are offended, then it's because you're one of those assholes who were whining. If you're not one of them and are still offended, then I really must apologise.

If someone had just said that the graph paper was not going to be collected but rather shredded at the end of the exam, things wouldn't have turned out like this. Of course, a bit of the blame has to be put on me for being such a fuckwit, but in this case I felt that the instructions given weren't good enough.

Thanks for screwing up my Bio, examiners! It was supposed to be my cushion subject, the one where I was supposed to be an almost guaranteed A1 in.