Saturday, October 07, 2006

Last Friday was the last official day of school for the graduating class of secondary fours 2006. Ten years in the school have gone by. Just like that. It always seems like forever when you're in anticipation of the future, but the past always seems to shimmy by, like sand in the hourglass. Each moment you partake of in the present, immediately becomes a thing of the past. You want to savour the moment, but it has already made the transition into the next. Maybe the next will be better; maybe it will take a turn for the worse. Who's to say?

I still remember life in primary school. Zero studying. Only had to read through my textbooks for PSLE. If only school life were still like that now. Haha I wish. Of course, that isn't what I find most memorable. I have glimpses of memories fond and bad in both secondary and primary school, and some that have no significance whatsoever. But now this chapter in my life is coming to an end, culminating in this Friday's Leaver Ceremony and the O levels at the end of it. As one door closes, however, another one opens. Let's just hope it's a good one.

Got back all the class photos we were supposed to get, including an individual photograph of each of us in blazers. I must say, don't scroll down if

1) You've just eaten
2) You're still eating
3) Your pastime is sniggering at others' looks


Absolutely horrible. I don't why they photoshopped my face. I have pimples and spots, dammit. Touching up a little by removing the pimples is fine, but making my face totally spotless makes me look positively embalmed, like some cadaver propped up on a stool with eyes pried open. I know I'm not good looking but I'll say I'm not particularly hideous, either. This, however is totally ridiculous. Once again, don't look if you're squeamish.

Here is my absolutely horrific individual photograph:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Ouch.



Compare this to how I look in the class photo:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Granted, my hair's still bad, and it is from a distance after all, so my imperfections aren't that obvious. Still, my point is that photoshop isn't always good, especially when someone you don't know is doing it for you.


That's all for now, I think.


P.S. I don't love myself so much that I want to showcase how 'good-looking' I am. If I really were that narcissistic, I'd only post all the nice photos. I'm only trying to make a point.