Sunday, November 26, 2006

I realise I'm almost totally talking about gaming nowadays, and it seems everyone's getting the wrong impression that I've been spending my time cooped up at home gaming for 10+ hours straight. While that does sound nice (I haven't even completed Gears of War, damn it), my fetish for all things xbox 360 is being hampered by a couple of things, namely my mom, mom and my mom. Oh wait did I say mom?

You get the point.

As it is, gaming is restricted to a crappy short time of only 1 hour plus incessant nagging added in as a bonus. Of course I usually manage to wrangle a bit more time (requests for "5 more minutes" end up being always more than that), but it's still crap. Like, come on, it's the holidays, man. And now I won't even get to play much anymore because I'm off to HK on Monday, China when I get back from that and then my CI course after that, which lasts 3 damn weeks. And then I'll be wondering where the holidays went.

All that nonsense about my becoming a game addict is totally overrated and exagerrated. Of course I want to play it, it's bloody fun, and it's the holidays. But will I suffer withdrawal symptoms? NO. I didn't when I stopped Halo 2 for 2 months, so why should I for GoW, CoD3 and DOA4?

Sorta looking forward to Hong Kong, I've got tons of presents to buy, but it's kinda effed up that immediately after I come back from HK it'll be straight to China. And I didn't really want to go in the first place. Talk about coming back at 11+pm and leaving for the middle kingdom at 6+am. Bullshit.

Arrgh. Oh, and it's cold over at both countries, and I don't have enough clothes.