Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Hello. I'm typing this post from Wuhan, China. It's not a bad place, not underdeveloped as you might think. In fact, the food here is bloody cheap, seriously. We went to this high-class looking restaurant and ordered a couple of dishes for lunch, expecting to pay about a hundred Singapore dollars. The actual cost? Less than twenty bucks. It's the same with everything else too, and the portions they give at food courts are humongous. More excuses to get fatter, the avoirdupois which I will attempt to lose during my cadet inspector course. If you've been paying attention you'd have noticed two things; First I'm in China and second I'll be away on course, so I won't be able to update as much as I'd like to till just before Christmas. This post was just to reassure you that this blog's not dead.

Also, I'm currently working on a 'project', if I can call it that which is sort of an account of my Hong Kong trip. This is the link to a blog my friends and I created in which we've got postings by all of us who went for the trip (in theory, in reality everybody but me's probably lazing their asses off):

Our Trip to Hong Kong

Just some fun facts on my present adventure (again, if I can call it that) to China. Firstly, I left for this place a couple of hours after I returned from the HK trip. That's like 8 hours or so. Secondly, the damned flight to Guangzhou was delayed for eleven hours in total. If you think I'm in Guangzhou then you're wrong. Read the beginning of my post again. I'm in Wuhan. There isn't any direct flight from Singapore, so we had to do a flight transfer. Anyway like I said, the flight got delayed because there was some shitty problem with the China Southern plane. If you're reading this, take heed; NEVER TAKE CHINA SOUTHERN. Their service sucks, their planes are damn small, and their personal relations are horrible. Oh, and if their planes had any quality at all then there wouldn't have been a fault in the first place. At first, the flight was delayed from 8am to 3pm (my reaction was 'what the fuck'), and so we went home first, with breakfast and lunch vouchers as well as taxi fare provided for us. That was bullshit, fine, but you'll notice that 8am-3pm only constitutes seven hours. I said eleven. Well you see, the rest of all that time was spent stuck at the plane waiting lobby waiting for that piece of junk they called a plane to be fixed. We took off at about 7pm. Moral of the story? Never take China Southern Airlines if you can help it. You have been warned.

Obviously we missed the transfer flight to Wuhan from Guangzhou as well, so arrangements were made by China Southern for us to spend the night at their hotel in Guangzhou before catching the earliest flight the next day. The 'hotel' sucked.

Thankfully, we aren't staying in some shithole here. It's the Holiday Inn, in fact and as you can see there's internet, for a fee of course. This place's pretty good for shopping, and the stuff here when discounted is really cheap. Take that nice pair of Puma shoes I wanted for example. Original price? 499RMB (about a hundred bucks). Discounted price? 299RMB (sixty bucks). OMG. But they didn't have my size. Shortage or something like that. ARGH.

Also, it's cold outside. Eight degrees out, and it's freezing when it starts to drizzle, or if there's a wind blowing. It's not so bad that the cold slices through your clothing, rather the problem is that your clothes themselves become cold to the touch. Brrrrrr.

Tons of stuff to be done immediately when I get back: xbox360, a haircut, preparation of uniform, buying of reamining stuff needed for my course and.....then it's my course already. I can only do the first if my mom allows it. My schedule's insanely hectic.

Until then, this will probably be the last lengthy update in a while. I'll still post once or twice a week, but I don't think it'll be this long.


P.S. I love cable TV here. ESPN, Star World, HBO.....*drool*