Saturday, December 30, 2006

There's so much I have to say about the unit, but which I will not say here. There're so many things which I'd like to do, but cannot. Not enough. Year End Course is over, my first unit activity as a CI, and my eyes have been opened. So many cracks, too little foundation. I don't want us to become nothing but a shell of silverware, caught and content with past glories. The risk is high, and the problem isn't just about unit proficiency, about poor NCOs. No, I see it as far deeper than that. I fear we might be moving in the wrong direction.

We've decided that for our unit 40th anniversary observation parade, Raphael's going to be parade commander and myself the guard-of-honour contingent commander. Parade commander was supposed to be either of us, but we couldn't decide, so we did what was only right - we flipped a coin. Haha. Mr Samuel Kwek is going to be the Guest of Honour.

Went out today with Yi He and Aaron. Bought some stuff with my vouchers at Suntec, went to HMV and then took a taxi to VivoCity to take a look. It is rather big, I guess. We went over to Yishun SAFRA to play pool after that with Muthu and Hao Yuan. Pretty fun, mostly because I kept winning. For some reason however, Muthu got the better of me for one round because I kept hitting his balls into the pockets whenever I was simply trying to break and spread my own. His luck was absolutely preposterous, and I can only conclude that he was cheating, that he'd cast some voodoo at the table we were at. He didn't have the same luck when I next played him at the other table (we had 2), so that must be it.

Tomorrow's New Year's Eve already! A couple more days and it'll be school all over again. Argh. Dammit my holidays are so meagre this year.