Thursday, January 18, 2007

I'm having some issues with my head at the moment because it's aching like hell, so forgive me if I don't manage to exercise a small measure of restraint in what I'm about to say.

The teacher in charge of mass PE today was....quite simply, a wanker. Not literally, of course, that I wouldn't know, but you get my point.

Personally, I don't give two flying shits if you're a PE teacher who can run a full marathon without panting, or if you're the super-fit type. If you can't take the welfare of your students into consideration, which is the first thing that any PE teacher should be able to do, you should jolly well eff off and die. It's not about taking people out of their comfort zone here; it's basic responsibility. 10 rounds around the school with 6 sets of 5BX almost killed me because I'd just eaten a full lunch beforehand. So did my friends. Maybe we should'nt have done that, but the fact remains that such a situation should have been taken into consideration. And to make things worse, I'm still a little sore from the 2.4km I ran yesterday as part of the shooting team selection physical test. I ran the 10 rounds with no difficulty, sure, but the jumping jacks in the 5BX made me feel like puking. And when that teacher gave instructions, nobody could hear him. His requests (to put it mildly) for us to shout out responses to his standard questions - think "Are you ready?!!" "EVER READY" - was basically an intelligible stream of verbiage which those behind couldn't make out at all. If his desire was to give us a taste of ODAC training and make us think that he's a sadistic teacher, I'm sorry to say that he's hopelessly failed in that department for me. No, I don't think he's sadistic, I think he's just lousy. Needless to say, I'm slightly livid, because if any NCO were to do that back at the unit, I'd kill him myself. Again, it's not about being fit or not, it's about having your charges in mind, and anticipating possible scenarios which could be a problem to physical training.

On a lighter note, I've been selected for CJC's shooting team! Haha did pretty well I for the selection shoot I guess. Shan't talk too much about it or this might deteriorate into bragging =P

I think I might be starting to fall sick. It's not happened in like, four years. Hmm.