Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Watching 'The Arena' now. It's horrible. The debaters from one school speak with excruciatingly disgusting fake accents which are so obviously not theirs (shan't name which school). One of them gestures and talks so fake it's plastic, while the other is just damn rude while her opponent is speaking, making disinterested facial expressions and forced grins amounting to rolling her eyes. And her delivery was just pit-bottom - she talked like a gangster, looked like one and gestured as if she wanted to kill her opponent. Now I won't fault someone if she can't speak well, but basic respect to your counterpart by listening intently to his argument is just the right thing to do. The second speaker from the opposition RI was pretty fluent, though, and their team's argument was rather good. Sad to say, the point they were supposed to argue on, something about whether good looks are crucial or not deteriorated into a heated debate about soccer endorsements, complete with finger pointing during talking and furrowed brows. I apologise if I sound like I'm saying I'm superior to them. I'd never do that, but why the hell can't people just talk properly?

School was interesting today, I guess. No more IGs, we're in our classes, and we went for dragonboating! Fun, but it was dampened by the rain. The games after that weren't much fun anymore, either. And our bags got drenched. Dammit, they told us we'd be locking up our stuff in the classroom, or I wouldn't have brought such a new and expensive one.

Tomorrow's Finale Night for orientation. Hoping it'll be fun.