Sunday, February 11, 2007

Screw it la, can't donate blood this Wednesday anymore.

Now that sentence alone would be really weird if I let it hang, so I feel some need to explain myself. We're having a blood donation this Wednesday in school, and I was all for donating, simply because I thought it'd be a nice thing to do (I obviously don't have an ulterior motive for wanting to donate blood, what'd I get, money?). But now it looks like I'm not going to be able to because my cough's gotten worse. I can't even talk properly now, and people probably think I have tuberculosis or something, what with all that spasmic coughing I exhibit on public transport. Or worse, 'WAH LATER BIRD FLU HOW? FASTER SIAM!" If you're sick, you can't donate, that's that. Looks like I'll have to wait for another 3 months?

And yes, Wednesday's Valentine's too. And having a Chinese test on that day is just bullshit.

You probably already know that I got 11 points for my O levels.

English A1
E Math A1
Physics A1
Chemistry A2
Biology A2
Chinese A2
Combined Humanities B4
A Math B3

Thank God. 11 points is nothing fantastic, but I'm satisfied because results>effort. I simply screwed up on the effort part. No, I am NOT trying to say that I'm smart so I got such results without studying or anything like that, because I recognise God's grace on this one, and am trying to recognise Him for it. Yes, I credit my results here to God, because he has helped me through it all. How else would you explain how I got a B3 for A Maths when I left a quarter of the paper blank and an F9-which-was-later-moderated-to-C6 for prelims? Or how I still managed to get As, albeit A2s for Chem and Bio when I screwed both papers up totally? Of course I prayed that I'd get something single-digit and all, but then looking back, my prayers WERE answered because you still do have to be realistic and I do think I attained something proportional to what I put in. God is great.

On to a chronological report on the events of the past few days; I simply can't be bothered to phrase everything in a more interesting way, so I really must apologise.

Went out with Aaron today, just the two of us cause the rest couldn't make it. Bought Fall Out Boy's new album at HMV. Their concert's on the 3rd of March. Damn I so want to go lah. Aaron bought Thousand Foot Krutch's 2003 album and Paramore as well. We went over to Far East after that to get some stuff, and we both preordered Anberlin's new album, and he ordered TFK's newer album. Haha confused yet?

Went over to his house after that and played around with his electric guitar for a bit, then it was church and then back home.


Yesterday was the Hearts on Fire Youth Rally. The prayover was....awesome? You have to ecperience something like that yourself to really know.

And I went with Matthias, Yi Lin, Liselle and some of her friends for budak pantai's performance at YMCA Orchard on Friday night. They're a a capella group, and they were great. Truth be told, I'm not particularly the arty-farty type, but I'll always go if the company's good.


That should be all, I think. Once again, I'd like to express my regret at not making this account any more interesting. It's not easy typing a post when you're listening to an album, watching TV and talking to people all at once online.