Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Today's cross country run was shiok. Kept going all the way without stopping to walk at all. Ultimately it wasn't beating others that I had in mind, but rather a personal hurdle I set for myself which I crossed. So don't bother asking why I was running even though I was part of the 'leisure' group. It's not about winning the trophies here - I'd be a back-filler for some of the competitive runners anyway- , it's just something I told myself I'd do.

Got a rather pleasant shock (if there is such a thing, because 'surprise' doesn't make the cut for level of connotation involved) when they announced the top runners for female J1s. Aggie won 2nd place? And she was going on about how she still couldn't meet the level zeros for ODAC, and how she takes 19+ minutes to complete a 2.4km run. Riight.

I'm sick. Not the fever-flu kind of ailments, just a hacking cough and a horrid chest congestion. Somebody in class passed it on to me. Thankfully it didn't affect my running too much, or I'd still be wheezing.

And Valentine's Day is coming. I noticed. Everybody notices. Haha. Whether I'm doing something or not is anybody's guess.

We collect our O level results this Friday. What's done is done, what's screwed is screwed, so no sense getting all depressed. I'm just slightly inclined to clinging on to this feeble hope that I might get something good.