Saturday, March 24, 2007

Trying to cold-start an engine that's been frozen solid for the past ten years isn't going to be easy, but not insurmountable, I hope. And no, I'm not particularly a car enthusiast, so obviously I'm not talking about a car engine here. Should be an easy enough guess, methinks.

Mathematics is a good gauge of the level of progress of the human race, but that doesn't stop it from being just a bloody pain-in-the-ass. I'm amazed at how the geniuses of the past and present could be just so free and bored to come up with so much stuff. Yeah, sure it's fundamental to scientists and research, but the fact that I'm not planning on going on to be one (a scientist, because the prospect of being a research subject appeals to me even less) makes me wonder why the hell I'm taking a useless subject at H2 level. Oh, wait, I'm not going to be a physicist or chemist, either, so why am I bitching, right?

Because Maths is the most damned frustrating subject ever. You can study at the last minute for everything else, or you don't even have to, but Maths, well you need practice. And I obviously don't practice. Forgone conclusion = fail.

Sigma notation is a total bitch. Not that I like any other topic, of course, but sigma is just idiotic.