Saturday, June 02, 2007

Andrew is not a very happy boy today. He's slightly consoled because of the sliverware he got, but only slightly because it came cheap.

Greenridge Invitational Shoot was today, CJC Invitational yesterday. I participated in both, won stuff for both.

SO WHAT.

The trick is to never be content with being less than first, I should think. I'll admit I'm happy we won stuff. Team 2nd and Individual 3rd for CJCIS and Individual 1st for Greenridge IS, but then it's really not just about the prizes. 529 and 524 respectively. I can make excuses about it being HTNS - the 'cursed' place for many shooters, that my gun wasn't sighted, muscles were aching, used some stupid rubbish HTNS gun for Greenridge IS blablabla, but there'll be no end if I start. Really. HTNS is just another place to shoot, I think the reason why people shoot poorly there is only because of the mental stigma they already have attached to it saying it's okay for them to screw up because everybody does. It's not la.

I'm not too disappointed with my score for Greenridge, didn't bother pushing myself to get a good score anyway. I was just there to win the medal, no need for frills. Not getting team champion was a waste though.

The fact still remains that I didn't hit 540. I think to a certain extent the gun I'm using now is limiting my ability. I can probably hit 540 with the manual I'm using now, but I think I'd do better with a compressed air gun. I dunno.

LOTS OF STUFF TO DO. And I'm still blogging. Haha.


Edit: I noticed I used the word 'stuff' 3 times in this post. lol