Thursday, June 14, 2007

My gun has become something of a public good. Not in the proper economics sense, because it doesn't satisfy the characteristics of non-rivalry and non-excludability, but in the layman sense. Everyone's borrowing my gun to use for training and competitions, like what the hell la, I don't even like the gun assigned to me in the first place - it's a manual and there's a ton of blu-tack stuck to it so that the grip'll fit for me. I'm fine with the blu-tack, except the only problem is that the grip gets damn slippery after I hold the gun for a while cause of it. It's just good cause it's hand-pumped, meaning that I've no worries about it running out of gas for training at St Pat's. And it's sighted to me. Still, that LP2 looks pretty shiny.

ATC was tiring, but ultimately rewarding. Was I/C for tentage and area cleaning, instructor for group 1 and was an orienteering instructor for Day 2. 9 hours of walking around is no shit. Tentage stuff was a bit screwed up, but I think I sorta made up for it with the handling of area cleaning. When you do such stuff you usually don't expect any reward, but I guess mine came in the form of knowing that the cadets under me left learning something, and when they came together just before camp closing to thank me as a group, some of the tiredness went away.

Anyway here's a random pic of LMSC, a squad photo of the cadets whom I took only briefly cause I wasn't present for the mornings during the course.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket