Sunday, July 08, 2007

I'd originally wanted to start this post about nationals with one big 'fuck' but I didn't because what Hui Xin said was right; that it wasn't the people who screwed up most badly that made the most noise but those who supposedly did the best. So I'm not going to bitch. Much. =)

Here's how it went. My team got national 4th, and I shot 540. I've to admit I'm disappointed. As an individual I'm not happy with myself, to say the least because national 1st was a 552. I could've done 552, but I screwed up. Period. I had an 86 series, like what the hell man. My right contacts gave me some problems but hey, no excuses. As a team Irvis shot really badly, like 30 points below his normal average, and we went from a probably team 2nd to a 4th. I don't blame him, really, because he explained later on what happened, and add that to competition stress, eh well, shit happened. It's just a waste, you know?

Ok that's off my chest. Anyway.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


CJC Shooting Teams of '07. It's just going to be so weird going to SAFRA or training in school from now onwards and not seeing you guys there. I've gotten so used to training with all of you already, at St Pats or SAFRA with Irvis, Ben and Keith, and always seeing the rest of you there too. I'll miss all of you la. I know it sounds damn bloody emo for a guy and all, but hey I'm human okay. I'll always remember the times we spent together, in fact I've spent much more time with you guys than my fellow J1s, and you guys have made sure I didn't regret it. Thank you all.

Not all of us won medals for nationals, and though I didn't get what I wanted and we didn't get what we deserved, we all won something:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This, if you ask me is the greatest prize of all. Not exactly this nice card and ice cream stick Yuanyu did for all of us, but rather the thing it represents - friendship. You can be sure that the card and stick I'll keep for many years to come, because I cherish what they represent. After all, I still have my letters sent to me by my parents and godparents from con camp 2 years ago. Ah, I miss the J2s already.