Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Succumbed to the urge of compulsive buying today. I bought an mp3 player, the new Creative Zen Stone Plus which cost $99 and which was one of the players I'd been eyeing for a while. I really needed one - I've been using that ancient square discman that would probably fetch 5 bucks if I brought it to sell at a pawnshop, not exactly something I'd bring out when I go running. It's not really a discman to play music either; it's supposed to be a VCD player which I appropriated temporarily for my purposes. It's got the words 'Karaoke' on a sticker pasted on it. How's that for retro, eh?

So we were at Heartland Mall when we walked past the computer hardware shop and I saw it. Went back after a short while and just plonked the money down. Oh well I'll take it as an early birthday present for myself la.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's all well and good, I guess, except for the fact that I was already spending way outside my means and I'm now into negative figures in terms of moolah. I've got like 4 bucks in my wallet, but I owe 60 bucks for a concert ticket, need 60 bucks for that new Harry Potter book (because I told my dad I wanted it, he gave me the money and I happily used it on the new mp3 player. meaning the book has to turn up somehow or he'll get suspicious), and need another 25 for a knee support cause my knee is so screwed and I'm running 10km on Sunday. Oh and I need quite a bit more for something else too. Just won't say what it is here =)

And yeah my parents don't know I bought it. Haha.