Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Yeah so prize presentation was today. Amidst all the collection of medals though, I still remember one thing coach said. He'd gone to RJC to have a look and he told us after that,

"RJC said that they were only scared of us."

We lost to them by 1 point after our disastrous screw-up, but I'm not bitching here. It's just a reminder of how even though things can go horribly wrong in a competition, and nothing is guaranteed. The only way you can try and to up your chances is to train. Harder and better than others. Even then. Nothing is guaranteed.

It's not easy to keep one's feet on the ground after being lauded so much, but I think I'm doing fairly well at it. Sure it's nice to have all those medals to keep in that display case, but I constantly think to myself, 'Wouldn't it be even better if those things were all for first place?' I'm still a 540+ shooter, which I concede is something, but it's not good enough. You see, I'm ONLY a 540+ shooter.

Coach asked me to participate for the Singapore Open with Chris Chia and Mark Lee under his company's name. I've got two months to train and be even better than them, because I'm ONLY a 540+ shooter, who hopes to become a 550+ only shooter for monthly shoot this Sunday.

It gets easier with practice to remain humble amidst all of this. God gave a gift, and I'm looking to develop it as well as I can.