Monday, August 27, 2007

Finally found some time to update.

These few days have been rather eventful. Catholic retreat wasn't anything fantastic, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world anyway. I wasn't allowed to go actually. It was like people were trying to find ways to excuse themselves but couldn't because it was compulsory? There I was not being allowed to go and trying to convince my VP to let me.

Long story cut short: The retreat was to be from Friday afternoon till Saturday night, and I'd needed to be excused on Saturday morning for the .38 revolver shooting finals. Talked to my VP and he told me to skip the competition which I of course couldn't, and after some more talking he told me to not go for the retreat as a special case because he didn't want to compromise any of the sessions as they were connected. I might get left hanging without an answer, he said. Tried and tried myself but couldn't persuade him. He wanted me to go too, but it was for the best. Then my mom called him up and he couldn't say no. Haha. Anyway made friends with people some of whose names I already knew but didn't know personally. So yeah, pretty cool. Wouldn't have mised it.

.38 finals went really shitty. Team 2nd and Individual 9th but my scores were absolutely horrible because, well let's just say aiming the .38 is weird for me. The shots had a nice cluster, sure. But they were all 2s or 4s. Too lazy to say anymore.

Monthly shoot yesterday was a 540. Can't say much except that I think they counted wrongly and it's supposed to be lower. My skills are really rusty after not touching a gun for a whole month.


Anyway here's a group photo of my retreat group members =D
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket