Saturday, September 08, 2007

Avalon - Testify To Love

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
With every breath I take I will give thanks to God above
For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love


Hello. This is just a chorus of a song which I keep listening to lately. The first time I heard the song I sorta groaned inside because the music was so bubblegum, but I guess it grew on me. Won't post the entire song lyrics because you'd probably just skim past the whole thing without reading anything. Haha. This song reminds me of that sign in the school audi, a quotation by St Iranaeus which says 'The Glory of God is the human person fully alive'. Interesting, and I definitely want to be a testament and witness to God's love no matter what =)

Yesterday was both productive and really fun. Met Gen to go study; I decided I'd be half an hour early and she half and hour late because she couldn't find her atm card which turned out to be in her wallet. Hahaha. Self-jack. We were supposed to go to the national library to study, but the place was like saturated with people (hello RJC) so we ended up walking along the streets to see if Miss Clarity Cafe was open (it wasn't). Ended up over at Suntec City. Ha.

Talked quite a bit over lunch at Pastamania, then went back to study over at a foodcourt table, which surprisingly was rather conducive. We left at about five plus cause I wanted to go over to the Comex show and take a few photos for PW (no I haven't forgotten, just no time and too lazy, heh) and then we were supposed to go for Amplify. Ended up not going because we'd walked all over the place looking for the right bus stop, even asking the galleria service counter lady where to go. After more than half an hour of waiting for bus 107 we realised we would definitely be really really late if we went, so we didn't go. Decided to catch a movie at Marina Square where I saw Keith and Hui Xin instead, and Evan Almighty was really cheesy and unbelievable and all, but I guess it left a kinda warm fuzzy feeling inside at the end of it. And some of the stuff said in the movie was really true, too. If we ask something from God, he doesn't give us the stuff we ask for straight, does he? He gives us the opportunities to get them. How true.

Chased fireworks and ran all over the place looking for a place to get a cab after that, but ended up taking a train to AMK to get one instead. It's like impossible getting a cab at the Marina area at night, I tell you. Haha.

Loads of fun, and it didn't feel ill-deserved cause we studied! So yes, thanks for everything Gen =)


I haven't figured out a way to tell my mom exactly that I'm going for Funeral for a Friend's concert tonight. Ahhhhhh.